We base our teaching on lifestyle changes, rather than diets. We promote client support and education as the foundation for helping individuals make positive changes that will affect their health, self esteem and physical appearance.
In order to start to get well, the first step is to cleanse the body through detoxification. This is accomplished through a total body cleansing program, which cleans the liver, bowels, kidneys, and the blood supply. It helps restore the peristaltic action of the colon, and helps rid the body of mucus, toxins, and waste materials. These materials become trapped in the colon, in some cases for many years. The cleansing is achieved through a three-day liquid detoxification and accompanying program that will replace the normal diet and clean the body systems. This is the way to treat degenerative symptoms without drugs or chemicals, and to begin the journey to better health.
Weight Loss Program
Many people seek lifestyle change only if they are currently experiencing health problems. For some, however, the goal is one of preventive health. This is done with the understanding that a healthy lifestyle improves one’s quality of life, appearance, and longevity. A consultation and screening will help to rule out a specific health issue. If a client is determined to be in good basic health and is seeking a lifestyle of preventive health, the Wellness Program is the course to follow.The M’lis Program includes Detoxification 3-4 times per year to strengthen vital organs, eliminate accumulated toxins and wastes, and maximize immune system function. We also strive for 100% nutrition through balanced, natural food choices and herbal supplementation. The types and levels of supplementation will be determined through a screening and consultation with a trained M’lis Consultant. A sensible exercise regimen is encouraged for cardiovascular health and flexibility.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over half of American adults are overweight, and about one-third are obese. (Overweight is roughly 10-30 pounds over an ideal weight and “obesity” is defined as 30 or more pounds over an ideal weight.) This is a concern because excess weight has a huge negative impact on the overall health of an individual, leading to a risk for diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and most other degenerative health problems.The M’lis program is based on the fact that to lose weight, you must not only consume fewer calories, but also give your body the right types of calories and adequate nutrition for optimal wellness. This program provides a safe weight loss that does not use addictive or chemical substances, and does not create imbalances or cause ketosis. It utilizes sound nutrition and natural products that work together to dissipate fat and help correct weight-related health problems. Fat is not the enemy (as there are some essential fats), and carbohydrates are not the enemy (as they provide fuel for every function of the body). The key is to eat a diet based on balance, following sound nutritional advice.M’lis Program Highlights:
- Detoxification to help cleanse the intestinal tract of old waste material and hard encrustations, to speed food processing time and strengthen the peristaltic action of the bowels.
- Two meals a day are replaced with an Instant Meal Nutritional Shake, providing a broad spectrum of nutritional support to keep energy and nutritional levels up, and the caloric intake down. A third regular meal, selected for its nutritional and low-caloric levels, is eaten daily. This one meal can be breakfast, lunch or dinner, but should be eaten before 6:00 pm.
- An herbal appetite appeaser helps to stabilize blood sugar levels to help prevent feelings of hunger without chemicals or addictive substances.
- Additional supplementation as determined by your personal health screening and your M’lis consultant.
- As with any successful health program, exercise and hydration is essential.
Candida is an over-infestation of yeast in the body. It can invade the brain and every tissue of the body, and it grows and lives on what you eat. It makes your body crave what it needs to grow, and rampages until you eat it. Many medications, such as steroid drugs, birth control pills, and antibiotics can increase the likelihood of a candida yeast imbalance.Symptoms include frequent yeast, bladder or skin infections, chronic fungus such as athletes foot or thrush, allergic reaction or increased sensitivities to foods or chemicals, bowel disorders, muscle pain or weakness, and fatigue.Conventional treatment usually includes anti-fungal drugs and antibiotics, but these in fact can increase the severity of the problem in the long term. Often, when finishing a course of antibiotics or a steroid drug, a person experiences a yeast infection. Drugs that specifically address fungus or candida destroy some of the yeast, but those not destroyed begin to colonize and become more and more drug-resistant. In a stronger state, yeasts produce toxins that attack the body’s defense system and destroy the friendly bacteria in the body so that there is no defense against the new, stronger fungus. “Solving” candida with drugs ‘stuffs’ the immediate discomfort, but causes the yeast to come back with increased strength and, over time, the yeast becomes a problem that affects every facet of life and health.Through an effective balance of dietary changes, nutritional support, and the increase of friendly bacteria, yeasts can be brought under control within 30-60 days. In this short period of time, a new level of vitality and health will have been reached that can be maintained for a lifetime.M’lis Program Highlights:
- Detoxification to eliminate accumulated toxins and wastes, restore the peristaltic action of the colon, and strengthen vital organs.
- A yeast-free diet that will reduce the candida to a non-threatening level. Though every person has yeast in their bodies, natural defense systems generally keep the cells under control. However, poor nutrition, a sluggish or impaired immune system, or an insufficient friendly bacteria level weakens the body’s ability to fight off yeast. When this happens, yeast colonies grow rapidly and candida may result. Candida grows and lives on what you eat, and it is absolutely critical to eliminate this food source and strengthen the immune system to rid the body of this debilitating condition. This is a strict dietary regimen for the course of the Candida Program.
- Nutritional supplementation to ensure immune system strength and healthy body function. Formulations that are specific to this program are a multivitamin/ multimineral, essential fatty acids, and friendly bacteria to restrict the growth of yeast and infection while assisting in digestion.
Common symptoms of fibromyalgia include; chronic, widespread pain that can be disabling, fatigue in body and mind, sleep disorders, irritable bowels, memory and concentration difficulties, chronic headaches, TMJ, anxiety and depression. Conventional medical treatment includes anti-depressants, muscle relaxants and chemical painkillers.Though between 7 and 10 million people in the US alone suffer from fibromyalgia, it is frequently misdiagnosed and under-recognized. It is often referred to as “The Invisible Disease” because its sufferers don’t look sick. Abnormalities do not appear in any blood test, X-ray, thyroid test, HIV test, liver scan, MRI, or CT scan. Symptoms are felt all over, yet traditional medical tests can find nothing wrong. Sufferers are often misdiagnosed with hypochondria, Alzheimers, or psychological problems, leading to depression and despair.Fortunately, the existence of fibromyalgia is becoming better understood in the medical community. The American College of Rheumatology published criteria for its diagnosis in 1990. Eighteen “tender points” have been detected on the body, and pain caused by gentle pressure on at least 11 of these 18 points is the only known way to receive an accurate diagnosis of fibromyalgia. A trained M’lis Consultant can assist with this type of screening. Once the challenge is clear, M’lis offers natural solutions to be symptom free in less than six months.
The M’lis Perspective
Though researchers do not agree on the cause of fibromyalgia, there is a viable theory that is supported by research as well as by the personal experiences of Linda T. Nelson, ND, PhD, M’lis Company founder, as well as many M’lis clients. This belief is that fibromyalgia is not caused by one factor, but by a lifetime of symptom suppression and disease progression.We believe that the progression of fibromyalgia begins with the chicken pox virus (HHV6) very early in life. The virus becomes dormant in the body, waiting until a depletion of the immune system to reactivate into the next stage. Over the course of many years, a person may experience cold sores or herpes, shingles, mononucleosis, Epstein-Barr, or chronic fatigue. These are the different levels of disease progression, and some or all may be experienced before fibromyalgia develops. If these viruses are not eradicated completely from the body at the time that they manifest, (as is usually the case when chemical drugs that ‘stuff’ symptoms rather than cleansing them from the body are taken as a solution), they are stored in the body until a later time.When the immune system is compromised through illness, stress, injury, or unhealthy lifestyle choices, the progression of disease finally leads to fibromyalgia. At this point, the symptoms have become debilitating and affect every facet of a person’s life. The only way to put an end to fibromyalgia and the symptoms that accompany it is to assist the body to regain control over the virus that has been in the body for years. This can be accomplished through dedicated lifestyle change that allows the body to rebuild and heal by its own power.M’lis Program Highlights:
- Detoxification to eliminate toxins and wastes, strengthen vital organs, and assist in viral eradication.
- Juice therapy to provide the enzymes that are essential for digestion, absorption, energy and new cell growth.
- 100% nutrition through supplementation and healthy eating to strengthen the immune system and help the body regenerate.
- Herbal formulations to help ease pain and stress.
- A gradual exercise program to maintain joint and ligament strength and help decrease the amount of muscle pain felt in these areas while becoming stronger and healthier.
- Imagery and Manipulation to benefit body and mind.
Natural Hormone Therapy
Hormones direct our bodies, telling us when to grow, when to slow, and every step to take in between. Hormone levels change over a lifetime, presenting special challenges and transitional periods. Pre-menopause and menopause are natural transitional hormone periods in the human life cycle, much like that of puberty. These should be experienced as a natural stage of life, rather than being viewed as something to escape. Many hormonal symptoms are due to an imbalance of hormones, rather than a shortage.In mainstream medicine, hormonal symptoms (PMS) and menopause are seen as hormonal deficiency, and women are often forced to try to live with hormone levels associated with childbearing years. Routine treatment is synthetic hormone replacement therapy, which has been shown to increase risks of breast cancer, strokes, heart attacks, blood clots, cardiovascular disease and dementia. The federal government has added estrogens used in postmenopausal hormone therapy and oral contraceptives to its list of “known” human carcinogens.Hormone imbalances are not just exclusive to women, nor are they exclusive to older people. Hormones are found in many types of food, especially in meats. The effects are being seen even in children who are hitting puberty at a much earlier age than in years past. Symptoms of hormone imbalance include; anxiety, mood swings, poor sleep quality, vaginal dryness, memory problems, blood sugar highs and lows, night sweats, hot flashes, water retention, depressed libido, and depression.Hormones are “chemical messengers” which are produced and secreted by numerous glands in the body. Once a hormone is released into the bloodstream, it instructs target cells and/or glands to produce particular substances (such as other hormones). These hormones stimulate or inhibit the actions of cells everywhere, depending on the needs of the body. Thus, although very different in their function, different hormones are dependent on each other to produce a balanced chemical environment in the body. If the body is toxic and not functioning at optimal levels, it may not be able to produce and regulate hormone levels as needed.M’lis Program Highlights:
- Detoxification (body cleansing) is a critical internal program for hormone imbalances, to help eliminate accumulated toxins and wastes and to strengthen vital organs.
- Hydration is critical – drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water to speed up cleansing and elimination.
- A diet high in plant sterols, which are easily converted to human estrogens and progesterone in the body, has been shown to reduce or eliminate menopausal symptoms. Plant sterols help the body make and take whatever it needs.
- M’lis Balance, DHEA and Wild Yam Cream are used to help stimulate the body to make and utilize all of its own necessary hormones.
- Exercise to improve internal sluggishness and poor elimination, both of which contribute to hormonal imbalances.
can be described as a condition of uneven deposits of fat, water, and wastes that have become trapped in connective tissues of the body, just below the skin’s surface. Eight out of ten women have cellulite, as well as many men. It is a caused by a combination of a toxic body, poor nutrition, and poor circulation. Cellulite does not respond to normal weight loss and exercise programs. The M’lis Program incorporates professional spa treatments, home care products, and a nutritional plan that includes eating cleansing foods. The goal is to create an environment in the body that helps eliminate current cellulite buildup while preventing future accumulation.M’lis Program Highlights:
- Internal body cleansing (detoxification), to flush toxins, waste, and build-up in the colon from the system. Detoxification also helps to strengthen the digestive system so that it works more efficiently.
- A series of body wrap treatments, to further stimulate the elimination of trapped deposits in the system and encourage lymphatic cleansing. Creates both internal and external benefits in the quest to remove and prevent cellulite.
- A diet of cleansing foods, daily exercise, massage, and daily cellulite home care
- Celiac Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pre-Pregnancy Health
- Immune System Strength
- Blood sugar disorders
Call today to schedule your Wellness consultation
Before going on any program, you must first consider other health issues. A consultation will give you the opportunity to take a M'lis health screening to see if you suffer from Candida, fibromyalgia, hormone imbalance, or excess weight. These concerns need to be addressed first.
**Note If you are currently under the care of a physician, you must first get a signed medical release before beginning any M'lis lifestyle program.